- When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from our Website, (such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, Community Pages, message boards or register for services on our Website or to supply content) we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information.
Use of your Personal Details
- By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us and our service providers to provide you with the services you select. Dependent upon the content, we may restrict web pages to users on the basis of age (e.g. those who are 18 years old and over, or only those under 18) and if you are under 16 we require you to get your parent's/ guardian's permission to provide personal details to our Website.
- If we need to contact you we shall use the details you have provided to us on the Website. We may need to contact you regarding service problems (the working of the Website or in the event of technical problems) or if you have sent us some content material, or to notify you of updates to pages you may have used in the past. We can also contact you separately to the above purposes if you have opted to receive further communications from us or if you have agreed to participate in a survey or competition.
- We shall not pass the personal details you have made available to us to any third party (apart from the service provider(s) working for us who may need to contact you if there is technical problem, and only at our request) nor shall we sell your information to a marketing company.
Cookies and Statistics
- We may collect information about your use of the Website by using web analytical software, or cookies. This information is not collected to develop a personal profile of you as a user but of users generally to assist us and our service provider(s) in improving our Website and its offerings. Information is usually stored in an anonymous form.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to a computer or mobile phone browser from a Website's computer and is stored on the hard drive. Each Website can send its own cookie to a browser if the browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) the browser only permits a Website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their Website in order to track online traffic flows.
- Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the Website to your interests. You have the opportunity to set up your computer/phone to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. By not receiving any cookies it means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Website. Each computer's browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose for which it was submitted, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. If you wish to cancel your registration, people cannot use your personal information, although once an account is deleted it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Data Protection Law
- We are obliged under the Data Protection Act 1998 and associated regulations to hold your personal information securely and only use it in line with the requirement of our Website service and the permission you have granted to us
- Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £20 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.